Friday, January 27, 2012

Aurora Borealis

I have been neglecting all my favorite challenge blogs for some time now. Don't know the real reason thou, but today I was checking for some new tutorials and my eye caught this lovely CardPatterns sketch. So I decided that I need to make a card and not just any card... ...a card without colored images. I think I've forgotten that there can actually be cards without images that I must color with my markers :)
This card started with that cute turquoise raffia string that I got at local grocery store - how convenient :) I wanted to use it so I picked my papers and lace to coordinate with my new raffia.
Then I got out my Tim Holtz grungeboard heart, inked it's edges with brown Distress ink  and then wanted to paint it white. But as I had recently bought some new Color Gel paints for decoupage, I decided to try one of them. This one turned out to look shiny - like having aurora borealis effect - that is the effect you can see on my button rather than heart (but it's still there as well).
In addition some paper flowers and leaves. I inked leaves with that gorgeous TH Evergreen bought Distress ink - just love it!

Here's the lovely sketch:

I also think that my card really fits this absolutely jummy picture from Cupcake Inspirations:
And this card will be entered in these challenges as well:
LilyPad Cards - patterned paper challenge;
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.

This card really lifted my mood, hope it does the same to you,

7 comments:

  1. Wow Liva this is gorgeous. I always seem to use an image on a card and then when I see ones without, think why do I never do this - lol. Love the heart and beautiful button.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWW Liva this is so very beautiful, what stunning colours and design this is superb.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing...lovely colors and etails

    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at Cardpatterns this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your romantic card, Liva! I'm a pastel girl so it really floats my boat - thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)