Thursday, December 8, 2011

On Your Birthday - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #86 - Nature

It's another Thursday and it's time for - yap another Digi Doodle Dhop's Best challenge and a card for my mother on her birthday. As this weeks challenge is nature, I chose to use this lovely Cherry Blossom image.
If you wonder what is that pink background - it's a water-colored paper with salt on it. Salt absorbs water and thus makes wonderful patterns. after drying salt falls off, leaving remarkable effects.
I printed two images and colored blossoms with various liquid pearls diluted with water. Then I cut few blossoms out and added on top of my main image. All centers were made with yellow liquid pearls. Only stem and leaves are colored with ProMarkers.
As there are butterflies on blue K&Company patterned paper, I also added that lovely butterfly brad on ribbon bow. And some lace goes underneath for a touch of romance!

Hope my mom will like this - she is my most strict viewer and it is very hard to make something that would completely satisfy her. But that is also a good thing, as she have pointed out some things that help me make better cards.

Keep spring in your hearts even at wintertime,

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous card liva,love the dimension and the beautiful bow detail
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Liva. Love the dimension on the flowers.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Liva, love this image and I like how you've decoupaged part's ofit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! I love the 3-D effect on the flowers. You are a creative one Missy. Love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, colors and coloring! Love the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Love that popping effect on some of those flowers and such beautiful design with the tied bow as well. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good ole Mom. Mother's never giving constructive criticism. Love the dimension in the flower blossoms. Lovely card. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Liva. We both used the same image but they are both so very different.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liva this is such a lovely card the colours, design and image look wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)