Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holly christmas - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #87 - Paper Piercing

Do you know what's this weeks theme at  Digi Doodle Dhop's Best challenge? Well it's paper piercing. It is a technique I like a lot, but unfortunately do not use very often - or rather very rarely.
Background paper was a scrap from K&Company that I dryembossed with my handmade embossing plate and did some sanding afterwards.
I also used that lovely card from BoBunny Father Christmas collection.
I chose this vase with holly branches from DDS Christmas Assortment pack. There are 5 images in the pack and as this month it' s 25% sale, you can get it just for 2,25 $. As I wanted to use my newly purchased Spellbinders dies, this image was perfect for it!
As for the piercing part - I used half circle and small circle piercing tools around my spellbinders label die to create somewhat lacy look. The same is also on the bottom edge of vase.
As you can probably guess, image was colored with ProMarkers and label was inked with Distress inks.
Oh and lots of liquid pearls. I am just sorry that the ones on ribbon flowed out too much... :(

I think I will use piercing more often from now on, because it does gives very interesting details,
Have fun and don't prick your fingers,

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love your paper piercing and the dimension on the berries.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card,the paper piercing is fab.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The shading is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is definitely a WOW card. Love your coloring and paper piercing. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow liva ...once again i have colouring envy,you have coloured this image to perfection.fantastic card
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a coloring! Love how you've matched the image with the backing paper. And the piercing on the pot is a great idea!

    Hugs,
    Zlatina

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous, this looks good enough to eat hun. Lol!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic. It really looks like the holly is in a glass type vase. Gorgeous job hun.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love your card. I just adore your colouring and it amazes me that work with those leaves. Love your paper piercing too. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've coloured this image wonderfully and backed it so beautifully.Love the holly berries.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Liva this is beautiful loving your choice of image and that paper piercing is the tops.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely believe this web site needs far more attention.
    I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the advice!
    Also see my site :: soccer transfer news now

    ReplyDelete
  13. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought
    I might check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to exploring your web page again.
    My web page - latest transfer news manchester united

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this site, and your views
    are fastidious in favor of new viewers.
    Also visit my web site :: perfumes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually
    understand what you're speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my web site =). We may have a hyperlink change contract among us
    Here is my web-site pizza games papa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it whenever people come together and share views.
    Great blog, continue the good work!
    My page - pizza games online

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)