Saturday, November 5, 2011

Vintage Birds And Cute Nest

Ever since I bought my doughters hay for their pet mouse, I had this idea in my head - how would it be to make a small nest that would fit on a card from it?
Well now I finally did exactly that. First I had to soak hay in warm water to make it more pliable and it wouldn't break. Then I took few stems and started to wrap around my finger forming a small nest. Then I placed my nest in a silicone cupcake pan. I put a heave iron ball stylus used to make silk flowers on top of it, to maintain shape - ball was about the same size as the inner part of my nest. And then let it completely dry.
After it was dry, I applied some PVA glue and let it dry once more. Then I took it out and cut some loose or unnecessary part away - now I had my perfect little bird nest :) all I needed were eggs.
I took some plain whitish half translucent polymer clay and made very tiny egg shaped balls. After baking them, I spritzed them with brown acrylic paint splatters.
Additionally I embossed white card with TH damask embossing folder and inked it with various Distress inks.
Then I stamped few music notes in several places over my card.
All images are downloaded for free from internet (mostly graphics fairy, but other places as well), printed and hand cut. I also added few paper flowers, just to make a bit bolder composition.

I will enter this card in Simon Says Stamp and Lily Pad Cards Texture challenge and Blog-a-Doodle embossing challenge.

Have a birdie day,

4 comments:

  1. OMG, this is fantastic, just love what you have done, a really beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liva this is absolutely beautiful, the design and image look truly wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh...a crafty mom doesn't cover it! This card is beautiful. I love the vintage look and those itsy little eggs...I just want to pick them up! I really enjoyed looking at how you incorporated so many different elements into your cars Liva. I wish you very good luck in your challenges and of course, in our challenge at Stamp-N-Doodle. Divine Love, Samara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Liva! Being a bird lover, I think this is really special - so glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)