Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Owly Friends - Windshield Wiper Card

I simply adore cards that slides, twists, unfolds or in other words - does something. So it was wonderful to discover this Windshield Wiper card. It is so easy to make this,  but it brings so much joy, when after pulling card tabs you see something else revealing from the card top.
I used Pink Cat Studio Hooty Owl Stamps. I like that trio of owls so much. And as this was a card for my dear friend Linda, I hand-wrote under them sentiment saying: "Friends Come To Visit". These owls were not colored with ProMarkers, but watercolored with Distress inks, to achieve more subtle coloring.
After pulling tabs another owl is revealed and a sentiment saying: Hip, hip hurrah!" These papers that I've used are from Dovecraft Sweet Owl collection - how appropriate :) And all I added were just some paper flowers and that's it!

I will enter this card in these challenges:
Card Cupids Blog - More than 1 fold;
Mark's Fines Papers - Use Scraps (and that's all I do recently)
Dream Valley - Anything Goes

Have a hooty good day,

4 comments:

  1. NOW this is MOST clever!!!! I will have to check into that idea!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Speedy the Cat's Challenge...and thanks for sharing this technique!! Good luck on the drawing and see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww your little owls are adorable and I LOVE your fancy folds and the pop up surprises! Thanks for playing along with us at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is amazing ive not seen this design before very clever thank you so much for joining us at dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)