Thursday, November 24, 2011

Out Of The Box - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #84 - Animals

Isn't this image so cute? I think it is so appropriate for this weeks Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges animal themed challenge. This image actually comes in a Christmas Assortment stamp set of 5 stamps and just for 3$, so what are you still waiting for? And don't forget about November special and donations to Pet Pardons - see my Be Besides post for more info and ads on my sidebars!
I suppose you can't see that on first image, but that little box is somewhat in 3D. Here's how: print two images and color one as basic for 3D effect and other one as parts to be raised above. Add some side flaps to the box.
Cut all different parts out.
Crease both sides and middle of box and fold flops backwards, Fold middle slightly upwards.
Adhere your box (by flops) to the back image, aligning right side. Cut off the leftover from left side.
Adhere all other details, using thick sticky foam. I also shaped ribbon so it would look more curled.
This little metal label holder looked so nice here and I tucked Just For You sentiment in it.
This is how the box looks from the side - still not sure if you can see the 3D effect.... but in real life it looks very lovely.

Hope this was fun,

7 comments:

  1. Wow I love that awsome 3d effect and the design of this card. Magnificent backingpaper too;) Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness girl! What an incredible card this is. The work that must've went into this. How adorable! Just love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic sweetie. It looks great in the photo but must look even more awesome in real life.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a 3-D card before. This is awesome. I am still trying to figure out how you did it. Very Crafty Liva. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card and fantastic idea with the image.Really effective.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you put so much work into your cards. Just love this one. I'll have to give 3D a try sometime.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOW I understand why it looked so "alive", you've done yet again amazing job with DDS challenge. You always pay great attention to the smallest details and you are very creative.

    Thank you for inspiring me in many ways!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)