Saturday, November 5, 2011

Merry Christmas - Vintage Basics Digital Papers Sample 1

I've been busy! And not so much with card making as I would wanted, but more with designing papers. I realized that recently I tend to look for more vintage, but not so very bold vintage papers. and I wish that I could work with them as a start of my card or scrapbook designs. That was how I came up with an idea of Vintage Basic papers.
Oh and this is the very first card I've made using them. This card uses three of my basic papers - small dots, handwritten poetry and music notes.
If you wonder about the focal image - it is an image from digital Christmas collage sheet I bought from etsy at Prim N shabby Me.
Well maybe even creating these holly leaves was the actual beginning of my paper designs, because I really wanted to make holly leaves from music notes paper, so they had to be small enough to fit on a leave, but not so very intense to loose the shape of leaves and be the only focus of my card.
First I folded my notes paper in half (I used just a strip of it - just wide enough for a half leaf). And then punch  a circle from it - I folded my paper so that I could see my notes when punching, so that I could align then better.
Then I used small heart punch to make the detailed shape of a holly leaf (hmm - I tend to make lots of things lately which I actually have never seen before in my life - these leaves do not grow here in Latvia).
All that's left was to fold these leaves backwards and do some little inking with my loved Distress inks.
I covered place where my paper join with small, red atlas ribbon and then wrapped beakers twine around it - this twine actually does come from a real cake! My tiny twine bow looked just a bit too plain, so I added few berries and a small sleigh bell.
This set includes 15 different papers. There are small dots and large polka dots, Victorian roses, old newspaper, music notes, graph paper, exercise book pages, math paper, old writing, tape measurer, Par Avion sets, damask pattern and ledger paper. This set is available in my etsy store.

I will enter this card in these challenges:
Weekly Christmas Cards Challenge - their this week's challenge is liquid aplique but any card my be entered as well
The Paper Shelter - Christmas Fun
Really Reasonable Ribbon's - Christmas
Mami Doodles - Christmas

Have a merry time,

7 comments:

  1. Love these papers Liva! Those holly leaves are amazing! Holly is probably my favorite "holiday image" so thanks for showing me how to make these - love this idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card love your image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, thanks for the holy leaf tutorial. Thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wonderful card, and great tutorial!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely vintage card! I love those little bells~! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon for our Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Fantastic Tutorial~! Thank you for playing along with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These leaves are really great! Thanks for the tutorial too! Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)