Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Harvest Tambourine

In 10th of November we have our own Latvian harvest celebration Mārtiņi. It is all about the end of harvest season and how all field should be ready for the winter by now. Traditionally we make goose and go around dressed in costumes - something of a combination of Halloween and Thanks giving I suppose. So in Emilia's kindergarten group we were asked to make our own musical instruments of the celebration - I chose to make tambourine using simple round wooden box, wire and beads.
I started with painting my round wooden box from sweets, with orange acrylic paint.
Then I stamped Inkadinkado Cornucopia stamp and colored it with ProMarkers. I die cut it and a scalloped matting circle. Did some little inking as well.
Adhered all this batch to my box with Glossy accents, because I didn't wanted it to fall of when those little hand will get at it.
Now I drilled holes at side of my box with regular intervals.
Now I just threaded thick wire through holes and added some beads - the more noise the better.

There were lot's of fun music instruments for children, but we actually missed the celebration as I held kids at home, because I was afraid that they will get sick, as Emilia already had started to cough.

Hope this will be useful for anyone,

1 comment:

  1. You want to set time limits so that the Internet Marketing
    processes are consistent with and enable execution towards achieving the
    overall strategy of the organization in a working atmosphere.
    Ryan Hamilton Jr Gather Celeb News Channelfunction
    submit Recommendcontent Id, content Type Id, content Type Id,
    content Author Id, meId, url gather Ajax. It is a good idea for expensive claims that exceed
    a GLI policy limits.

    My page orlando search engine optimization

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)