Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fun Has Just Begun - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #82 - Sketch

And jet another lovely challenge from Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges and this time with a sketch.
After seeing this totally gorgeous image of sleeping baby called Baby & Blanket from DDS, I just had to make it into a card. This image just screams for it to be colored with any mediums at hand - in this case, my alcohol markers of course :)
I went for the boy theme, so I chose light blue and orangy yellowish tones. Blue background was created with light blue card which was stamped with my own little feet stamps and Broken China Distress ink. the orange dotted papers were just some scraps I found while going through my scrap pockets to find some matching paper.
Sentiment is my own and it says "Fun Has Just Begun". I wanted soem more details to may card, so I attached it with two small, blue eyelets.
For some little bit more shine, I traced blanket edges with gold Gelly Roll pen. Matting for this image was just a white card, which I colored with B02 Copic.
As I recently bought these fun paper clips and small metal charms, I just needed to try them on some project. I love how that little elephant dangles over the side of my focal image :)
And in the end I substituted flowers with these fun ribbon slider brads. I often choose to tie my ribbons this way, rather than the other way. That yellow brad wasn't orangy enough to match my dotted paper, so I shaded it a bit with Gold ProMarker. Oh and I think that these polka dotted ribbons complements my card just wonderfully :)

And here is so very inspiring sketch:

I don't know what exactly it is about this card, but I keep looking at it on my table and just smile :) :) :)
Hope this will make you smile too,

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card, and what a nice soft touch you have at coloring. Very nicely done!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Liva. I love that background paper you have stamped with the tiny feet and the little elephant charm.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Wonderful image and DP and I love the charm and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, so cute Liva, love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card made me smile too! Your coloring is so soft and tender. Just like a new little baby should be. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love how delicately the baby is colored and absolutely love those buttons.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful baby card. Love the nany feet on the background paper and that gorgeous little elephant too. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sweetie and I love the soft palette you have used. Sorry I haven't been around. Just got my craft room built and my boxes unpacked after my move. Made my first card today. Hurrah!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Love all your embellishments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Liva this is totally fabulous, that image, the design and colours look super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your soft shading and the colours you've used.Sweet card.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)