Thursday, November 3, 2011

Enjoy The Winter - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #81 - Winter

It is time for another fun challenge from Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges and this weeks task is to make something wintry. So it happens that several of DT's members, including yours truly, have chosen this absolutely gorgeous Snow Bunnies image to be turned into a spectacular cards (hope mine counts for that as well :). You should really head over to DDS challenge blog to check out other possibilities of using this image.

I wanted to make something light, so I thought that acetate would be the right choice. I had never actually made a card with whole front just in acetate, so it was fun to try that. I actually used clear packaging plastic from Sizzix embossing folders, as I never throw such things out.
I made this cute little banner shaped sentiment by printing words "Enjoy The Winter" onto a white card and then just cutting and folding it. I used Justice font from dafont.com.
As for the image itself - I always find most challenging to color something that would naturally be white. But somehow after I've done my coloring, I take a closer look and wonder, how I've actually done that... :)

And I finished my card with couple of snowflakes punched from white card but colored with the same blue Copics I used to color my image (B000 and B02)

I had really, really fun time making this card, so I hope you will have some fun time for yourselves as well,

11 comments:

  1. Liva you can certainly tell how much fun you had making this card. It is totally awesome. Great idea using the Sissix cover too! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shading of whites and the sky is equally beautifully. Wonderful winter scene card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Liva. You coloured the bunnies perfectly and I love the sky.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,love the snowflakes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect colouring Liva, and I just love the sky and those gorgeous snowflakes. It looks great with the greens from the threes under all that white too. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Liva loving that image and your design this is superb.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb colouring on the bunnies,snow and sky.The softness is perfect.Clever idea making an acetate card.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so darn cute!! Your coloring is absolutely amazing, and those snowflakes are the perfect touch!!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is stunning! You ar so talented girl..I don't think you even realize how much. Awesome job!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Liva, love the acetate front.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)