Thursday, October 6, 2011

You Mean So Much To Me - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #77 - Distressing

Hey! This is my first post as a DT member of Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenges and this week it's distressing theme. As I pretty much do it on almost every card, this wasn't a challenge to me at all, so I wanted to try something different this time... And this difference is that I also did distressing on parts of my focal image.
I started off with creating my matts for whom I distressed all edges with my self-made edge distresser.
This is how all may layers look after distressing and machine-stitching around them.
Next I printed four images of Digi Doodle Shop's Fairy And Daisy. Then I colored first image with those plain colors, that would be the darkest color of that particular area.
Then I colored different areas on each image, so that I will be able to cut out each separate image as whole, not covered by any other part.
After cutting out all my different parts, I glued main image colored in plain colors to my panels. Then I applied THIS technique to my large parts, starting with this right sided bottom wing, as it is the part that is visible less and all other parts appear in front of it.
Then came distressing - I took each cutted petal and sanded it's tip with sanding paper, holding each petal against my finger.
Then I started to adhere petals to the base image, starting with the one that would naturally be further away or behind other petals.
When all my petals were in place, I added center of flower.
Next come rest of the wings, which were also distressed.

And finally I placed this little girl on top of everything. I did not apply any distressing or embossing to her, as she looks so gorgeous just the same.
Lastly I added leaves and pink sentiment saying You mean so much to me.

Hope you like my approach to distressing (even thou it might not be as visible in photos as it is in life).
Be inspired,

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card,love all the distressing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card , i love how you coloured the fairy she looks awesome.fab ink worked background too
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is just amazing!! You put so much work into it...and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love the colors and the way it all goes together!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love how the petals are popped up. Interesting to see your work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a lot of work but it was certainly worth it. This card is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Liva what fab colouring and distressing, love your stitching too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this was even more awsome than I expected. Love the show and tell effect on all the details as well,clever;) Gorgeously coloured and layered. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have guessed all your techniques. Thanks so much for the detailed instructions. This is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that was an awfully lot of work! I'm a tad too lazy to invest that much time. It really turned out beautiful. Love it.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. You actually did all this work for a single card?!? WOW - my admiration.
    Really colorful and bright card - great!

    Hugs,
    Zlatina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is amazing, so much work, those wings are gorgeous,I hope you enjoy your time with DDSC,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Liva & thanks for the instructions & wonderful photos :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, so beautiful 3D effect. You have done fab work with colouring her skin. And hair. And wings! Ok, all of it! :)

    Now when seeing you in action, I admire your card even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly beautiful.So much work and detail has gone into this - certainly worth it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I am completely amazed! Love the vibrant colors.
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)