Friday, October 14, 2011

My Little Cupcake

When inspiration finally hits, it just hits - I must succumb to it :) And I rather like that this particular layout turned so nicely. This is my favorite pic of me and Aleksa. It was near Valentines day and there was this free photo shooting of best kiss in our mall. Well we didn't win the contest but I got this wonderful picture :)
I started with white page and did some blue inking on the edges. Then I used one of large Woodware border punches to punch frame around my photo and inked it some with green ink. I did not like it so I cut those heart parts away and instead glued them to two sides of my layout.
I also punched a strip of heart scallops and misted it with red and blue diluted Color Washes.
I stamped Ippity Flower Cuppy Cake and colored it with mix of ProMarkers and Copics. I also added some lace, paper flowers and leaves and pompom trim to cluster around my cup cake cut out.
I the opposite corner of my pic I made similar cluster of flowers and leaves. Oh did I mention that I glittered all leaves and flowers? Recently I have found myself addicted to Stickles, but I prefer to apply them with a very small brush rather that from the bottle.
My title is just printed words in various colors and fonts - all downloaded from dafont.com. Some Glossy Accents also were applied on top of my letters.
Here is a wonderful cup cake picture I drew inspiration from - it its from {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenges:
And I used November GDT sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:
Additionally we had to write things that I'm thankful for - well of course I'm grateful for my first joy and pride and all journalling was done behind picture, because it is sort of on hinges that one can lift up and read journalling. And we also had to include 5 leaves - well paper ones they are :)

Hope that this LO will inspire you just as much it brings smile to me,
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Great layout! And I am glad you listed all your steps and instructions. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liva, Your little cupcake is ab-so-lu-te-ly wonderful! So sweet and tender page... Happy to follow your blog, see U soon))
    Katya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and fabulous layout! The misting is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Beautiful colors and such a sweet photo! Love all cute elements you used :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooo PRECIOUS! I loveeeeeeee that photo and the little cupcake! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and precious page!! :) Thanks for playing with ST!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so beautiful.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Layout and Design very Impressive I super like..............!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)