Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hummingbird Wall Art - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #79 - Green And Purple

After reading this weeks challenge task, which is green and purple, over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenges, my very first thought was that I have to make something with hummingbird. And right there it was - a wonderful Hummingbird image in Digi Doodle Shop for me to download and use in several ways...
This project started out as a card, but eventually I re-sized it, and again, and again, till it become small wall art for a special friend :)
First I separated that beautiful hibiscus flower (Oh I do hope that it is hibiscus :) on my PC, enlarged it and printed out for coloring. Then I used lots of purple ProMarkers to color it and then scanned it back to my PC. Then I made several patterned papers using this colored image and leaves, which I afterwards printed out again - quite a bit of fuss, but it definitely was worth it.
All layers were raised on lots of double sided foam tape to give dept t my wall art. It's pity that you can not see this in photos, but that sweet birdie does look like fluttering outside your house window in the middle of tropics...
It actually was kind of fun to color this image, because I have never seen a hummingbird in my life :) But I googled some pics of it and made my coloring according to those.

Have a flutteringly wonderful day,

16 comments:

  1. This is just so lovely,great backing paper.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! Your coloring is phenomenal!!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is breath taking! Your coloring and shading are incredible. Very nicely done!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece of wall art - and I totally love your colouring.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Fantastic shading and wonderful DP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea on coloring the Hummingbird. We have them here at my house, but they flutter their wings so fast you really can't see their colors. You have done a fabulous job on coloring this beautiful Hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love humming birds and you've coloured this one beautifully.And a big wow for those papers you created.Fantastic work.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tik foršas krāsas! Man ļoti patīk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This takes your breath away. Super colouring and shading sweetie.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty and dainty. Love it!
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card Liva the papers and that image look truly wonderful.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, love the image and the coloring is so great.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is just magnificent. Love the way the hummingbird pops our of the frame. Just adorable with those flowers and leaves inside the frame. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful..hope you have a super day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Love what you did with the papers, too. The coloring on the humming bird is exquisite.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and I love that ring image
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)