Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Celebration (Holidays)

Of course I had seen so called Scandinavian style coloring with Distress inks and videos where it is shown how to adapt this style for Copics, but I had never actually tried to color this way myself. Well that is till now...
There is a challenge of vintage or Distress colored images in Color Creative Classroom CMC Copic Group and five links to videos of coloring distresslike with Copics by Suzanne J Dean.
As I have failed to find completely bleed proof paper here in Latvia, some places have bled too much out of my control, but what could I say... ... at least I'm still learning :)
Of course I have almost none of the mentioned Copics (one to be exact), I tried to substitute them with ProMarkers that I have. I printed out Copic color chart and compared it with my colored ProMarker chart.
For skin I substituted: E13 with Sunkissed Pink and E11 with Almond. E00 I actually had :) and additionally W3 with Warm Gray 2 (I don' t have any other grays than twos :) R21 for cheeks was substituted with baby Pink.
Hair: E27 with burnt Umber, E25 with Cocoa, E31 with Dusky Pink and E41 with Satin.
Blues: B95 with Denim Blue, B91 with Pastel blue and additionally I added B000 Copic.
Her coat was a mix of markers I have used to color her hair and skin.
Green leaves were colored with Mint Green and Pastel Beige, but red berries with Pale Pink and Almond.
I added Stardust Stickles to her wings, Patina Stickles on leaves and Ruby Sparkles from PSX Designs to berries.
I hand cut card shape from white cards and inked its edges with Tea Dye ink. Then I clear embossed some snowflakes on patterned paper with notes and then inked with the same ink as well. I cut similar shape to the card blank just slightly smaller from that patterned paper. Next, I dry embossed white card with Spellbinders snowflakes embossing plate and inked it with Tumbled Glass ink. For this shape, I cut of top and bottom parts to get horizontal lines. I distressed both shapes with my self made distressing tool.
Lastly I made a cluster from blue seam binding (this one was weird one, because it was very sturdy and when I wanted to scrunch it up, it just went flat again), paper flowers and a small hand cut tag saying Happy Celebration, but one could also translate it as Happy Holidays as well.

I'm going to enter this card also in Women/Girls challenge at I The Shoe fits challenge and
Aud Sentiments Challenge of Winter

I wish you a merry crafting :)

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome, great coloring...luv the details too!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is just beautiful! You should enter it into the winter challenge at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week! We hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)