Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fairy Lamps For My Girls - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #80 - Anything Goes

This week the theme for Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge is open, so I thought to join useful and necessary with lovely and dear :) The useful and necessary part was for my new girls room to have bedside lamps, and the lovely and dear part was to have not any lamps, but especially made and personalized ones.
As Aleksa and Emilia's new room is in white and yellow colors with slight touch of pink, lamps were made in the same colors. As my girls are my princesses, there really are no better images than Digi Doodle shop's Fairy & Daisy and Strawberry Fairy ones.
I had these two lamps for my own bedside tables, but as I have changed my room as well, these were no longer needed.
I removed lampshades and light bulbs and covered lamp bases with white decoupage base, to get a better grip for my paints.
Then I sponged some yellow, pink, orange and white Stamperia paints.
I did the same for my lampshades but left the middle part fairly light so that color wouldn't show through my images.
I had printed my images out, colored and scanned back into PC. Then I printed them on rice paper. Then using water brush I tiered out my images as well as my girls' names. Both images and name goes on each lamp.
I adhered my images to lamp shades and using hot glue gun added that lace with dangles.
Names were adhered to lamp bases and adorned with few gemstones.
Girls really love their new lamps. This is how they look when turned on. They can turn lampshades around and choose which fairy to be displayed in front.

I had already forgotten how much I love decoupage. I must admit that I also similarly decoupaged two recycled pencil holders and another desk top lamp for them, just somehow forgot to photograph them :)

Hope that these can inspire you on some home decorating as well,

15 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous. I bet your girls were really excited to see them. Love this kind of decoupage too.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful project. I bet they love them.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Liva,such a great idea.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWWW Liva these are fantastic, how creative you are to alter those lamps they are brilliant
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful and very creative. Lovely keepsakes your daughters will always have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just amazing. Beautifully decorated bedside lamps. Love this idea;) Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing results. I was really interested in what paper you used to decoupage them to the lampshade.
    I bet your girls not only love them but show them off to all their friends. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is totally amazing! I so love to see things out of the box, if you will. Beautifully done as well!! Love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Liva, I love those lamps, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!Just amazing and so beautiful. Brilliant idea.I'm sure your girls were thrilled.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Liva this is fantastic. You have made a really gorgeous creation. I am only sorry I can't get to my crafting stuff yet.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow, Liva! You just amaze me. Thses lamps are gorgeous!! I'm glad your girls loved them...they are pure works of art. Absolutely amazing!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely beautiful! Bet the girls loved them. Thanks for giving the directions on how to make them
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and what a wonderful idea.......

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)