Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Card - Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #78 - Lavender And Lace

As this weeks theme over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges is Lavender and lace, I went for this absolutely wonderful lilac image from their shop.
Then I also wanted to try and make a book card. There are plenty of instructions of that online, but I used the ones in Stempeleinmaleins blog.
I colored this image with ProMarkers and added some Stickles over lilacs, then I die-cuted it with circle Nesties die leaving some portions of image outside the die.
Background for this card is embossed with Sizzix embossing folder and then inked with Milled Lavender Distress Ink. Oh and edges were punched with Woodware border punch.
I die cut another circle and stapled that lace on the lower half of it making those ruffles. Two lacy roses were just to neatly finish the edge of lace ruffles. It was actually white lace rose ribbon, but I cut it into two separate roses and inked it with the same Distress ink and water brush.
this is the card when it's open. Same lacy rose ribbon goes over the spine of this book card as well.
I isolated one of the leaves from the Lilacs image and printed it out in three different sizes and one is even flipped horizontally to make it appear like three completely different leaves.
and the inside of card is somewhat inverse of the outside - more white and less lavender colors.
I used the same border punch and lacy roses in the inside as well. I also added part of lilac image but this time I water-colored it with Distress inks, so that it wouldn't be so bright and would not overlay my sentiment.
I really love this sentiment: "Every day is a day to relax and dream, to laugh and wonder, to love and feel love, to speak and to listen, lo have fun and be happy. Every day is a day to live!".

Have fun exploring new crafty bits and take care,

13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely book card you've created. Love the soft colors and the sentiment is very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book cards are a lot of work, but oh so gorgeous. Love the lace and border punches you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous book card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love the vintage look. Super job hun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so stunning! You are extremely talented. Absolutly beautiful.

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful book card. As I have done those before I know there's a lot of work behind, but this one was definetely worth it. Completely stunning. Love the details with the flower lace and that lovely embosing you did for the background. Beautiful:) Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous book card. Love the embossed background and that rose ribbon is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Liva, love the embossing, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful book card. The embossing is lovely.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is absolutely beautiful Liva, I love the design and the image, superb work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome Liva.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is simply stunning!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous.SO much beautiful detail.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)