Monday, October 10, 2011

Alcohol Inks + Embossing Powder + Butterflies

Oh after week of almost doing nothing (if you don't count soothing my sick girls, reading lots of books and being a little sick myself), I decided that I have never made a single card using my alcohol inks - they're not Ranger inks but Stamperia from Italy and I don't know how really one should use them as it seems a lot easier in Tim Holtz videos...
So I had this vision one might say, of butterflies fluttering on a glossy blue and silver surface joined bu white curly sentiment. and here is the outcome - three cards with alcohol inked backgrounds, punched butterflies and embossed details and sentiments.
I hand-wrote sentiments with glue pen (well actually with a pencil on plain office paper at first and then transferred it to my card) and then embossed with embossing powder.
I also covered wings of my butterflies with embossing powder and then dusted some away with small brush, so it looks like - I don't know, like some wonderful pattern on their wings :)
This sentiment says "enjoy"
I decided that I also have to make a reverse colored card - with silvery (and also slightly blue, but you can not see that in photo) background and blue butterflies. This sentiment says "smile".
This was actually my first card and I would liked it more, if I could use some more lacy butterfly punch, like Martha's for example, but I do not own any of that sort :(.... So I just added one silvery gem to make it even more shinier, as if alcohol ink surface isn't glossy enough :)
this sentiment says "have fun".

I'm going to enter these cards in challenges below:
Flutter By Wednesday's Open Challenge;
Paper Sundaes Favorite Color Combo Challenge which is blue, silver and white (even thou I don't make much cards in these colors, I use them more in my clothing and jewelry, if I ever wear it anyway...);
Emerald Faerie Garden Punches/Dies Challenge;
Simon Says Stamp And Show Some Things With Wings Challenge.

I have also some other project that I have managed to make, but I will post that one tomorrow. I have also finished three more of Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge DT projects, but as you probably can guess, I will post them accordingly this Thursday, next Thursday and even the next Thursday after the next one :)

Have fun and try to use supplies you have never used before :)

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, great colour choice for our fav colour combo challenge. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at Flutter By Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation thank you for sharing with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous job you have done with the alcohol inks. It's hard to believe you haven't used them before. The colors are gorgeous and I love the look of the blue and silver blended like that. Two very beautiful cards. We are so happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)