Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Winter Fairy - I Think I'm In A Christmas Mood

I really wanted to join Flutter By Wednesday's, Magical Mondays Christmas challenge and so that it all would be vintage. I went for the wintry fairy searching and found this lovely princess as a coloring page. She didn't have wings, so I added them and turned her into a fairy.
I colored highlights with ProMarkers and Copics, then used Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress inks to add lighter shades of blue. Heavily misted everything with water and then added some white shading with watercolor pencil. Then I used white mist technique, to apply white ink on some areas and snowflakes. I learned this from makeitcolorful.com this weeks challenge. As this card had to be vintage, I inked it with Tea Dye and Old Paper inks. Lots of Stardust Stickles on some parts of her and white gelly pen dots on snowflake centers. I also fully clear embossed whole image to make it glossy.

As for the backgrounds - for the first time, I used clear embossing resist. First I stamped and embossed craft card with old text background stamp and inked with Walnut stain and Vintage Photo inks. Next I embossed white card with music notes and inked it with Tumbled glass ink. Then after complete drying, I double embossed some snowflakes and inked again with Broken China and Faded Jeans inks.

To one of the snowflakes, I added snowflake brad but colored it with markers and covered in stardust Stickles. White satin ribbon was little bit shaded with Broken China ink and placed under label stamp with sentiment saying Christmas. These were stamped with Walnut stain ink. Two more blue brads were also colored with markers and covered with glitter.

I will enter this card also in:
Fashionable stamping challenges Vintage challenge
If The Shoe Fits Bejeweled Blue challenge

I do like this card myself, so hope you will enjoy it as well,

12 comments:

  1. How stunning and just gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful winter card, love the sparkling on it. Thanks for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is beautiful, wonderful detail and composition.Excellent.EE

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is stunning that image is so beautiful as is your design I love it.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liva. This is a very creative card...I love the colours that you have chosen, just gorgeous. I checked out the link for the white mist technique, and I think I will definitely be giving it a go...especially on my xmas cards. Thankyou for joining us this fortnight at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. A beautiful entry!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, those colors are gorgeous! Like the way you colored this!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    xx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Liva, your shading is stunning. Thanks for joining us at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Breathtaking! I don't even know what to say...just an absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Your card was named the FF#91 Shoe of the Week at If the Shoe fits...Scrap it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea on adding the wings the image is lovely. Love the music script used too.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation and beautiful colouring, will check out the link ad this looks very interesting.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Liva. Such a beautiful image and love your background too.
    Thanks for joining Fashionable Stamping's vintage challenge and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)