Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shy Smile

This layout is the first one I have ever made using official Aleksa's kindergarten photos. This one is from last year and on her photo sheet this pic was with the most shy smile. And that is an unusual thing, because she usually tends to pose with especially wide or silly smiles.
I started with reddish brown cardstock, but I wanted just some more texture. As there are no 12'' embossing folders (at least I do not know of them), I tried regular one and rolled over it with rolling pin. It made somewhat half impressions, but it looks now as thou it would meant to be so - like distressed...
Next I layered lots of different laces. First one is plastic lace I used in this card. Then I took some fabric lacy edge and also regular lace and sprayed them with diluted Butterscotch Color Wash - they actually don't look so yellow, but rather creamy in real life. Last layer was paper panel I punched with my Fiskars scalloped daisy punch and sprayed with Butterscotch and leftover self-made acrylic paint spray I made for On The Sea Side layout.
As I use Once Upon A Sketch in this layout, there was a journalling criteria - journal on photo. So I grabbed my white Gelly Roll pen and wrote on Aleksa's photo about how many different smiles she has.
Bottom layer of my flower cluster is made out of same fabric lace edge, just arranged as flower rosette. I topped it with another fabric flower, metallic flower, some paper flowers and red jewel brad.
This flower cluster is made similar and complimented with metallic butterfly.
So I used Once Upon A Sketch
And The Color Room color palette
I suppose I will have to take a break in this weeks posting, as I have to do some things in my hotel and I also will be heading to visit my MIL and attend in some sort of autumn celebration we have here in Latvia, where I might try to sell some of my creations for the first time...
Best wishes,

4 comments:

  1. Love that LO;) Such great way you've embellished it.Works perfectly. Congrats on your DT spot at DDSC;) Looking forward to be working with you. Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea about the rolling pin!!! I would have never even thought of that. LOVE the layout...it's just beautiful and she is a little cutie. =D

    Congrats on the new DT spot, and I really look forward to working with you and getting to know you. =D

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The colors look perfect for this! Wonderful take on Nadia's sketch! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on Nadia's sketch. The embossing is fabulous and love the yellow. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)