Monday, September 26, 2011

Shelf Buddies And A Card For 3Yearold

I don't think you can possibly imagine how I felt to take my ProMarkers again in my hands after such long time - it felt like heaven! I had decided to spend this day only crafting, but my mood was pretty low this morning, so that whatever I started I just couldn't continue - had absolutely no inspiration. Surprised I was, when  late in the evening my inspiration came to me and I did SO much!!! But first things first:
Meet "Shelf Buddies". I had this idea of making a set with teddy bears for quite some time now - well since this month's CDAC Digital Drawing Challenge with a theme of 2 legs, 4 legs or both. This is just first image, but I have two more, which I will show you tomorrow. I also will include them in a set that will be available on my Etsy shop and it's going to be called "Cuddle Me Tight".
As I'm using my digital image and colored it with ProMarkers, I sure wanted to enter this lovely card in I Love ProMarkers and Passion For ProMarkers challenges. Thus the number on the card (3 for three bears) and a sketch from Passion For ProMarkers.
I must say that I first used this Sizzix Bigz frame die (just cut off the side ovals) and it fit my sentiment nicely. It actually is a children's rhyme saying "My dear relatives, I am 3 years old" - it does sound nice in Latvian and you may put any number in it. For the number I used letter m chipboard - just cut some parts off and covered with golden Stickles.
As the challenge on 2 Sisters Challenge Blog asks to use gingham or plaid, I used my own yellow gingham paper. I also added three buttons in matching colors to my bears, as this was asked in Dream Valley Challenges.
For some lighter accents, I white embossed butterfly stamp and used white fabric rose trim.
Here is the sketch I used:
I am so happy to be crafting again - and this time in such wonderfully organized environment :)

Come back tomorrow, as I will show you the rest of images I drew today - and maybe even more, if I will manage to make cards of those other images I finished today!

5 comments:

  1. lovely cute card, Liva, and your butterflies and white rose ribbon are simply beautiful.thanks for joining in with us at dream valley challenges. Cob

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the fabby colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liva. Your bears are gorgeous & look brilliant in that nestie shape. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a super sweet card..love the colours...thanks for sharing with us at PFP..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new image is adorable and you've done a fantastic job on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)