Wednesday, September 28, 2011

On The Seaside

It's time for Color Combos Galore color palette and Sketchy Thursdays sketch. As most usually I start with photos and this time I chose three small photos of Aleksa on beach - her float-able swimming tools matches so good with that sketch.
As we had to draw inspiration from given Color Combos Galore photo or use some sort of architectural, ledger, wood-grain or similar papers, I chose to opt for beach sand texture. First I blobbed lots of gesso on my white paper and let that dry. Then I made very diluted acrylic paint with white, black and little bit of sandy brownish color. I filled my mixture in a spry bottle and sprayed my page with it. I think it looks quite realistic - like our grayish sand on beach.
Circles were made out of orange terry towel I use to tidy up my craft space :) I just inked it some with Distress ink to bring that color up a notch. Torn craft paper, painted cheesecloth, machine-stitching and some nature twigs and stems make the basis for my photos. And as for the photos - I aligned them so that the shore line would continue from one photo to another. And title is die cut with SDSilhouette as most often in my layouts :)

This is the sketch:
And this is the pallette:
My grandmother told me to hang this on the wall, so I will wait until Aleksa is back from kindergarten and see what she has to say about that!
Thanks for looking,

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Layout,I love the backing paper.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cool effects you have here. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeeeee that you used a towel and the twigs!! And loveeeee the photos too! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible. The background looks like water. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)