Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For Real Martin - CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge 3.1

Martin is one of the most popular men names here in Latvia (Well not Martin  exactly but Mārtiņš). That was also my dad's name and it is also a name of Latvian pagan sort of God. We celebrate this name day and also the celebration of this God in November 10th. This signifies the end of field works and the symbol of this celebration is goose. So hopefully I think that this Nicecrane Designs image from CDAC Progressive Freebie challenge is goose and thus the sentiment - For Real Martin.
Image is colored with ProMarkers and then inked with various Distress inks. Sentiment was printed and then die cut with Nesties - and of course inked. I like that I used craft corrugated card as one of the panels. I inked it with orange ink, misted it with water and then scrunched. I also added metallic parts and natural twine.
I used color palette from Design Seeds, which was suggested in Jellypark Challenges:
I will enter this card also in Simon Says Stamp And Show Men Only challenge.

This card lifted my mood - it brought up some good memories of my dad. And as my grandfather (my dad's dad) is also Mārtiņš, most probably I will give this card to him.
Take care and enjoy your time with your loved ones, because this time is so limited...

10 comments:

  1. This is great, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work, your coloring, shading and creativity make this card so special and beautiful!
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    donna
    cdacpc/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, this is just an absolutely fabulous card! I love the cardboard bit at the bottom and the color palette you chose is amazing!
    I am so glad you are playing along in our Design Seeds challenge at Jellypark Friends! hope you will join us this weekend for WCMD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is wonderful and such beautiful colouring too! Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really wonderful. That's such an original and quirky image and I love the blue and textured vintage tones together! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! thanks for playing along with Jellypark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it love it love it! Wonderful color selection, the layout works perfectly and your coloring spot on! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just beautiful and the design seed you chose is just perfect for this time of year. I'm sure your grandfather will be thrilled to receive it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at Jellypark friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab card - I love the design seeds palette you chose x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark friends Friday challenge x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)