Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You're An Apple Of My Heart

I had almost forgotten about Lily Pad Cards August Card Chain Challenge - what with all stamp designing and establishing my etsy shop...
As one of the challenge options asks for the use of fruits, I used once again one of my stamps from Basketful Of Apples set (which you might get for free if you go to that post and do what's written there) and created background patterned paper as well as focal image. I also made wordart circle saying "You're An Apple Of My Heart". As this card is going into card exchange, I will leave it blank, so that receiver can give it to someone who really is an apple of his heart.
I used two color patterned paper scraps from K&Company and two jewels which I colored with orange ProMarker.
Background was colored with Soft Peach, Dusty Pink, Ivory, Lime Green and Soft Lime ProMarkers. Apple was colored with Cardinal, Lipstick Red, Magenta, Antique Pink, Peach, Canary and Pastel Yellow ProMarkers, but leaves of apple were colored with Olive Green, Moss, Bright Green, Lime Zest and Soft Green markers.
For this card i used sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketches, just rotated it so that the bracketed part is at the bottom.
I'm also going to enter this card in:
Simon Says Stamp And show some bling challenge
Simon Says Stamp food and drink challenge
Sundays With Crissy - K.I.S.S. - keep it simple stamper challenge

6 comments:

  1. Great colours on this! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liva. Your entry into Simon Says Stamp and Show's Challenge is darling. Love the apple paper and the larger apple you stamped and colorized is the perfect embellishment! Your sentiment goes perfectly with the theme. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us in the Sundays with Crissy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hunni. thanks for sharing with us at Sunday's with Crissy ♥ ♥ Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card. I am so pleased you could join us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)