Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Perfect Day In Waves Of The Sea

This time I decided to combine color palette from Color Combos Galore with the sketch from Once Upon A... Sketch.
The picture on color palette was so wonderful, that I decided to go with the sea theme and went looking for the perfect pic to go with it. This one - with Aleksa and my hubby screaming in the middle of splashy waves was just the right one!
Additional criteria from Color Combos Galore was to use some transparent materials, like vellum, but instead (and because I don't have any vellum currently) I decided to use plastic food wrap - first I sprayed it with Sailboat Blue Color Wash and pressed plastic to my background and let it dry, second, I added bits of clean plastic wrap on my background to appear like transparent tops of the waves.
For this cluster, I used oversize Prima paper flowers and punched butterflies with Stickles on it's middle.
This journalling spot is actually a torn paper circle with drawn pen lines and topped with small handmade paper flower spritzed with Color Wash.
I hand-cut letters saying Sea, because I'm still in countryside and here I haven't got any chippies or Silhouette with me. Letters are glazed with Glossy Accents.
Here is lovely palette:
And inspiring sketch:

6 comments:

  1. What a terrific take on Nadia`s sketch! Well-done! Thank you for playing along! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Liva...this is one of my favorite layouts of yours. First, the photo is STUNNING! The way it froze the motion of the wave and the expression of the subjects' faces upon getting hit with the cold wave, and the way the sun is shining through WOW!
    I love your technique of the cellophane...it makes it look just like water. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and photo that you used for this sketch!!! Thank you for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lo and mix! Awesome colors and that pic is just fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool effect! It does look like water! TFS!Thanks for Joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the effects here! Thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)