Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Vintage Cook Book - New Designed Papers and Recipe Cards

This has been a dream of mine for a very long time now, but finally I got to fulfill it!
O love cooking but only when I have all ingredients, the right mood and necessary equipment... I treasure those recipes I find good for me and for my family (not the same thing :) And now I finally have the right place to store them - my own personal vintage recipe book. The book itself is an A4 cardboard 2 ring binder that I cut to fit my recipe cards that I made 15X21 cm.
Along with perfect covers I wanted to make nice divider pages with fancy tabs so that I could find the right recipe more easily.
This is the back cover of my book - same as front only without the title and owner frame.
I designed these covers and spine cover especially for this book - all vintage, flowery and with fruits :)

And these are my fancy tabs - they do look lovely when cut out and fold - actually it is lot more easier to fold them and then cut both layers as you go.
The only papers I have not designed are the inside lining - they are from K&Company. But for the divider pages I designed two 12'' papers which were then cut to measure 15X21 cm as this is the size of my book.
I can see already where I would use these papers again - sure not in something that' got to do with cooking :)
As for the recipe cards - I have designed 8 different cards with various textures and images  but all with the same ledger lines so as to keep some similarity in my recipes. These cards I will also use in some scrapbooking projects as well as cards.
Additionally I designed 6x4'' recipe cards, because I know that this is a very popular size for keeping recipes in boxes.
All images were taken from free sources: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com and http://vintageephemera.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!
    Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an older post, but I just found this as I was looking for the perfect gift for my half-siblings's maternal grandmother, as she loves to cook with my sister.. This is absolutely breathtaking and perfect.

    Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liva, beautiful work, I really like it! I can't find your email address. Is it at all possible that I could have a copy of the pages for my own recipe book? My contact details are: damojess@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)