Saturday, August 6, 2011

Daughters And Sisters

After looking at latest sketch from Sketchy Thursdays, I was so inspired, that I made my first double layout. I had bunch of photos with my girls taken last year in Easter, that I wanted to finally scrap them all (actually two are still in my photo box...).
Left side layout uses original sketch and is called - Daughters.
For the title I used labels that I made some time ago. It actually said Daughter, but I added an s at the end to make it in plural, with my white Gelly Roll pen.
This cluster is made out of vintage image of roses and birds, as well as with handmade (by me) whimsy flowers, Prima leaf and one ready made paper flower. I also added ticket I made myself and stamped it with sentiment saying "{I Love These Girls}".
As asked in Scrapbookers Anonymous blog challenge, I used lots of journalling cards. On this layout alone I used 5 different ones, but also on the other one I used 5 more cards. Actually I am absolutely happy about this layout because I got to use all kind of small scraps and stuff that I've had for very long time - printouts, labels, stickers and more...
This layout uses mirror image of the same sketch. I tried to make everything very similar to the other side, but there are some differences - mostly in color placement. If for the previous layout I used pink scrap border from 12'' paper for strip under photos, in this layout I traced the same shape on green paper and cut it out.
This layout is called Sisters and I used the same label for my title. I was surprised that the only two labels left, were exactly Daughter and Sister ones, because I also had Mother, Myself and others, but I have used them already.
And here are some more of my handmade paper flowers and stamped ticket saying: "You Warm Up My Heart" .
And here is the wonderful sketch:
All colors used in this layout came from this week's The Color Room Palette:

14 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!!! You're handmade flowers are awesome!!! And what fabulous journaling blocks you had in your stash! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come and check this beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along at TCR! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job using so many journal blocks! This page is beautiful and I love the way its all put together. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you clustered the journal spots behind the photos. Your handmade flowers and colour palette are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeeeeeeeeeee that you made a 2pager!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the photos and all the flowers! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. soooo beautiful. great way to incorporate so many journaling spots too. THanks so much for digging into your stash and playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layering of all your journaling spots, so lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your LO on Scrapbookers Anonymous - it's really, really pretty & has so much gorgeous detail that comes together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages!!! I love them! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - freaking awesome Liva!!

    Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW WOW Beautiful & Fabulous layouts... Love what you did with the journaling spots!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty LO, great use of the journaling blocks. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Simply gorgeous! So breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)