Sunday, August 7, 2011

CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge 1.1.

I love things digital! Well I do. But just as long as I'm able to print the result out and play with it the regular way - with inks, paints, markers etc... So using digital stamps (and making them) is a very significant part of my daily life. So I was very happy to find this CDAC Progressive Freebie Challenge and make the first card from this month's freebies.
I used two wonderful images from Sandi's Samples. I have been wanting to make card with teacups and pots for very long time, but somehow never got chance to do it. Well maybe because there are no tea drinking traditions in my country and as for myself - only thing I drink is still water :)
As usual I used ProMarkers to color these lovely images: Marine, Turquoise, Mint Green, Soft Green for leaves, Aubergine, Purple, Bluebell, Lilac, Lavender for blooms, Denim Blue, Powder Blue, Cool Aqua, Pastel Blue and Blender for china.
As I'm still not at home, I had to print these on watercolor paper (the only one I have here) and use my MIL's printer which doesn't appreciate so thick paper and caused some disturbances in the design... :(
For the card base I used striped patterned paper so as to make an illusion of wooden table.
As for the tablecloth - it is made by punching semicircles using Fiskars embossing border punch Scalloped Daisy.
And this is a sentiment of mine saying: "Simple Pleasures Of Life".

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful, it looks so real.
    When is the tea ready? {grin}

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gorgeous and so beautifully coloured in! Love the way you made the teapot go over the top of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is just beautiful! LOVE how you've turned these images into a 'tea set' and all ready for company! Beautifully crafted! Thanks for inspiration!

    Darlene
    CDAC Board Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you card very creative and fantastic colloring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous, the colouring is so wonderful, I love the highlights you have added to add depth to the set. I have just finished colouring mine and they are cut out and I was gong to do something on these lines but I will change it now and think again. The whole thing is brilliant....
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation...the coloring is awesome!
    Love the design of your card too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. I love how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful, and the way you can color is amazing - such talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunningly beautiful! Such a rich looking design and your is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CDAC Progressive Challenge this month and hope you'll join us again this week.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! Love how you cut it out! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    HUGS!!
    Kim
    CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)