Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two Nutties

It seems that I have abandoned scrapbooking for some time now, but I do hope to change that and soon... Well actually right now - as I have made a layout using Once Upon A... Sketch and The ColorRoom palette.
It was so wonderful to finally again work in such large space compared to cards.
If I have to make a layout based on a palette, then I always start with choosing appropriate photos and only then I decide the theme of my layout. This time of course was no exception. I chose a photo with my oldest daughter Aleksa and my cousin Lelde. They both are a little crazy sometimes and both like to pose for camera.
I did a lot of inking, misting and painting with stipple brush and really thick white acrylic paint. For the first time I got to use rub-ons! No kidding - they weren't before in Latvia. And actually these are here only by accident, as they were sold in that bankrupt enterprises store I wrote few posts ago.
On the label at the upper right corner I stamped sentiment from my own stamps saying : {I love these girls}.
Here is the sketch:
And here is the palette:

3 comments:

  1. what a great, fun photo and wonderful choice of details!
    thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cute. Simply adorable. thanks for playing at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Such an eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)