Sunday, July 31, 2011

There's A New Boss In Town :)

You can't possibly imagine the joy which all our friend felt when we found out that one of our friend has become head of local municipality (of a small country district, but still...). I certainly had to make a card for him.
As I didn't have many supplies with my on my small countryside holiday, I went to local office supply store and bought some pencils, black fine-liner pen and a watercolor paper. Then I went browsing and found two interesting images of bosses:
I draw them into a composition and the colored with ProMarkers. It was kind of hard to do on a watercolor paper as the ink bled quite much, but it also was very, very easy to blend colors together.
at the beginning I am drawing my illustrations with pencil and so did this time. Then I wanted to go over it with a fine-line pen I had bought but it turned out to react with ProMarkers, so I did the coloring on pencil sketch and only then went over with a pen.
Sentiment says Congratulations, but that little tag says "Be Yourself" - as a reminder not to loose himself in the big machinery of bureaucracy. I also added pair of playing cards - well Ace of-course is for being boss, but cards themselves as he does sometimes enjoy a good game of poker with all our friends.
Along with the roses lace and teal lace mentioned in my Red and Teal post, I also bought two spools of twine - white and natural. I thought that the natural one would go very nicely with my real coffee stained crocheted lace and button (both from the gift pack).
Papers as always from K&Company.
this card also goes into Allsorts Craft Free And Easy challenge as well as in I Love ProMarkers Anything goes challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the image and all the attention to detail!
    Thanks for entering our Free and Easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card!!!

    Thanks so much for joining in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw.....

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card ,Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers -Kate x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)