Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer And Gingham...

When I first saw the inspiration photo on Flutter By Wednesday challenge blog, I just knew that I want a fairy sitting on a sunflower! So to work I went and out came four stamps:
These three sunflowers are ones of my favorite drawings I've ever had!
And this is a stamp I called Emilia With Lollipop. But you might notice that she has no wings - well, that's because while drawing sunflowers, which I did at first, I forgot that I had to make a fairy. I guess that I am going to be giving her wings some time later :)
And here is what turned out from my drawings - Emilia sitting on a sunflower with cut butterfly sticker wings :)
As usual I used my ProMarkers to color the image: Mandarin, Pumpkin, Gold, Mustard, Pastel Yellow, Ivory, Blush, Vanilla, Soft Lime, Sandstone, Caramel, Bright Green, Marsh Green, Moss, Cerise, Baby Pink, Warm Gray 2, Blender - awfully lot of markers used, even thou there actually are just three colors in the image - yellow, green and slightly pink...
I just love that I used that metal crown, that I got from that bankrupt bussiness store I mention here a lot! It says Princess and I think it suit her very much. Unfortunately Aleksa was furious because I have never given her a crown on her image before... so I promised that sometime soon I will do just that :)
At the bottom part Im tied polka dotted pink ribbon and made a simple knot. Then I added a jewel brad in green color and stamped "Best Of Luck" sentiment from my own stamps.
And here is the card itself. I used two gingham papers which I designed especially for this card (actually I made gingham in about 11 colors - well if I started, I had to make a complete set). I also used a lot f clear Stickles - just wanted a lot of shine for my little sweet fairy!
And here is the inspirational photo:
I am also going to enter this card in these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything goes - Head there and help reach the1000 entries!!! Simply fabulous prizes!
I Love ProMarkers - Recipe: 1 ribbon (polka dotted pink), 2 papers (2 ginghams), 2 buttons, gems or brads (well I counted my one brad and metal crown also as a same sort of embellishment :)
The Emerald Faerie Garden - All Things Nice
Dream Valley - Summer Time

6 comments:

  1. Hi Liva. Lovely card. Love her crown & the shine. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Liva, loving all the sparkle too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, love the colour combo, that sweet image and your embellishments. A real girly card. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Faerie Garden with our Girly challenge.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really sweet love that little fairy even if she doesnt have her wings yet !! thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww little Emma is such a cutie, and gorgeous sunflower too! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fairy on the flower! very cute!
    Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie Garden.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)