Thursday, July 21, 2011

So Christmas Theme It Is...

While browsing the crafty sites, I found this adorable snowman from Jellypark digi challenge and just wanted to make it into a card.
For this card, I just played with all kind of stuff - gesso and pearlescent acrylic paint, Distress inks and shapes. Definitely with shapes, as I used once again my snowflake die cuts from Silhouette.
This little fellow was colored using only Distress inks and water brush. I used Tumbled glass for the body, Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade for scarf and nose, and Black Soot and Pumice Stone for hat. I also used Peeled Paint for those tiny leaves. The word says Joy and it was embossed with copper-like embossing powder. This is one of my favorite sentiment stamps that I have ever created.
Background actually started out as a light blue/white damask patterned paper, but then I used gesso, inka and paint on it while it became something completely different. I also stamped some music notes with faded jeans across it. For the circle background I used paper doily with the same yellow gingham matting that I used in the sunflower card, just with inked edges. There actually is machine stitching around doiloy just it is very hard to see in the photo.
I made this cluster with die cut snowflakes, paper flowers and those glass-like branches that I had for some time now. Blue flowers were sprayed with watered down Sailboat Blue Color Wash - just pour a drop of color wash in mini mister or similar spray bottle and fill with water - you will get much more lighter spray.
For this card, I also used a sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches:
And I'm entering this card also in Allsort Challenge - Free and Easy

10 comments:

  1. what an adorable card! love all of the shine and shimmer! thank you so much for playing along in our Jellypark Friends challenge for Christmas. I must ask you to please remove the image from your blog though and direct people to the blog instead. thanks for understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hieno kortti tähän ICS-haasteeseen--kiitos kun olet mukana!
    Onnea arvontaan!
    Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Liva I love all of the different textures you've used, it makes you want to reach in and touch it :o) thank you for joining us at the Jellypark Friends Friday 1st Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for using the Jellypark digital stamp - I love what you have done with my little snowman! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, the image is fab and the colours are great

    thanks for being free n easy with us this week at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas card, love your colours, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that awesome inky/painted background ... so glad you joined the fun at Inspirational Card Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card . Thank you for joining us at ICS xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours and texture! Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)