Sunday, July 31, 2011

Red And Teal Fairy

I guess that I can say this card is a result of several coincidences: first, I received Lily Of The Valley printed images along with my monthly PaperCrafts Inspirations magazine and there was this beautiful fairy among those images, second, I went shopping in my favorite shop while I was on small holiday in  - well you could say a countryside, and saw for the first time in Latvia that rose like lace in white, yellow and red colors + that wonderful teal lace, third, I remembered that Magical Monday challenges where having exactly red and teal challenge this week....
This fairy is so cute, but unfortunately I was somewhat disappointed for the quality of the paper it was printed on - it was very difficult to color the image as the ink was bleeding a lot... :( I used these ProMarkers (but for this particular image I would sure loved to have those new fine tip nibs and FlexMarker pastel shades)
Cardinal Red, Berry Red, Antique Pink, Baby Pink, Blush, Marine, Turquoise, Mint Green, Duck Egg, Pastel Blue, Blender, Canary, Sandstone, Mustard, Buttercup, Ivory, Cool Aqua.
Oh I just love that rose lace... And I'm glad that I also got those gem flourishes which it is impossible to buy here in Latvia. These ones were from Storyteller. As in my previous card, the sentiment says "From All My Heart". As usual I used K&Company papers and lots of distressing and inking! But this time the edge of blue panel actually is made with same ProMarkers I used for coloring fairy.
For this card, I also used sketch from ICSketches:
And there are also two anything goes challenges I will enter this card into:
Simon Says Stamp and Show
I Love ProMarkers

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card. One of my fav LOTV images. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous creation, fabby colors and coloring Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful. I too got those images in my magazine and after you saying the paper bleeds I think i will scan them and print them on my usual paper.
    Thanks for joining us over at Magical Mondays,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color combination ... especially that beautiful red bling ... so glad you joined us at Inspirational Card Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour combination, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully coloured image you have used - one of my favourites. Love the layout and the added ribbon and lace.

    Thanks for joining in with us over on Magical Monday

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the colour scheme and the stamp is gorgeous too! Thank you for playing at ICS xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous and your colouring is beautiful despite the problems with the paper, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, lovely colour combination. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)