Monday, July 11, 2011

My Sweet Little Bird House

When I saw the beautiful challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog which is - Birds of a Feather, there was no doubt of what I would make. I had this small wooden bird house from Stamperia for some time now, but I just couldn't find time to decorate it. I even had detailed idea of what I would do and now was the time to do it...
I downloaded various images from web - clay roof, greenish boards and ivy leaves. Then after some tweaking in Photoshop I printed them on rice paper.
First of all I glued face down all leaves and some flowers from real Stamperia rice paper on a sheet of acetate and let that dry. Meanwhile I glued board images on the sides of house.
On roof I added thick coat of modeling paste and directly while it still was wet, I placed images with clay roof. Lightly pressing with thin stick, I traced lines, pushing paste and forming the underneath surface so that it looks like real clay roof. This usually have to be left overnight to dry. After drying you must glue image more carefully to the base.
Afterwards I painted edges and corners with Tim Holt crackle paint and let it crack. I also inked those edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
Next part was to make ivy vine. For the vine itself I used floral wire and green floral tape. I tied two wires together to make small petioles where I could attach leaves and taped it all with tape. Than I cut all leaves from acetate and made them in so called Sospeso Trasparente technique, where you need to heat them over heat source (candle) and then when the acetate is softened, you emboss it with wooden embossing stylus. Than I just attached all leaves to petioles with hot glue gun and the house was ready!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! So GORGEOUS! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your house is gorgeous.. Perfect for our challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific! what a beautiful house ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous,congrats on the win,very well deserved.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Deb, I wouldn't have known that if not for your congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)