Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Man

It is time for me to make something vintage and masculine. Once again I decided to join sketch from Once Upon A... Sketch with The Color Room palette.
This LO is made out of many tiny things that I have kept as ephemera, Viva stamps and those teared paper strips I wrote in my LO about grand grandmother.
That fleur de lis image and printed text are on watercolor paper which was held in a water with walnut ink solution. I did this when I first bought my walnut ink jar (probably about two years ago) and I have kept those pages but finally got to use them... That big metal part is a broken handle from one wooden box.
As the Once Upon A... Sketch challenge calls to use a quote, I wrote one myself:
"A man has to be strong as a lion, to be able to carry his girls; Smart and cunning so not to let his wife wrap him around her finger; With a beautiful smile to bring joy to the ones he loves and with a loving heart to receive the love back." Well it does sound better in Latvian, thou it is very rare as I mostly prefer quotes in English.
I added this metal coin like pendant from my old belt as a reminder that men can't be at all without women. And I also painted with brown acrylic paint one of Tim Holtz grungeboard flourish elements, which was symmetrical, so it was possible to cut it apart and put on both sides of LO. I rolled on in some places shiny golden eyeshaddows and covered all flourish with crackle accents.
In the place of second photo I used vintage like jeans tag (my husband's jeans actually!) - I just threaded it with thread colored with brown ProMarker. That round object actually is an air dry clay embellishment made out of my sister earring as a mold. Then it was painted with various acrylic paints and lastly inked with walnut stain Distress ink.
Here is the lovely sketch:
And the color palette:

11 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the sketch...your eyes are drawn right to the center. Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous ... beautiful work .. hugz x
    thanks so much for playing with us x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey hey Mrs K! this is just beautiful! love all the masculine elements and the story behind each of them. The broken handle, the belt pendant, the pattern from your sister's earring - I've said it before and I will be repeating myself but you truly are wonderfully inventive!! The quote is just so spot on too!! I want to thank you warmly for your visit to my blog and for leaving heartfelt congratulations on me making the TCR team. I am truly truly honoured to find myself in this team of illustrous and incredibly talented ladies. My joy has no limits and I thank the higher powers for being blessed in this way. Hope everything is good with you and your little family. Going anywhere on your hols? Big big hugs and much love from your pal Eila

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done.. this is stunning.. love all the special things that have great meaning to you that are in this layout.. great take on the challenge..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!What a great LO. I love all the personal elements that you added. Great job of combining both of the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your page..so many wonderful details !!!! Great page ..and I ´m in love with your blog.I´. follower now.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Masculine page with lots of lovely elements to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ephemera you have used so creatively on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine layout! Love all the texture and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful page, I especially love all the Webster's goodies!!! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)