Monday, July 4, 2011

Magnificent Magnolia

I guess that after my lovely girls it is time for some beautiful flowers. In this case - magnolia.
We don't have magnolias here in Latvia - at least not that I know of, but they have always captured my mind as some sort of magical and mysterious flowers. I really enjoyed coloring this flower. I wanted to make it very light with just a slight touch of color and hopefully I met my goal :)
I used Antique Pink, Cocktail Pink, Pale Pink (where have I seen this combo before?), Almond, Satin, Marsh Green, Meadow Green and Blender ProMarkers.
Flower was die cut with circle Nestie and layered on paper doily, but beneath is a simple green card that shows through the doily.
To have something to match my flower, I also designed a set of patterned papers (in this card it is the lemon/lime like magnolia flower paper beneath flower and punched paper strip).
That punched strip is punched with Martha Stewart Fan punch from K&Company patterned paper. I did some stitching with silk lemon/lime thread. Especially I like that crisscrossed stitching along the length of punched strip. Does it sounds like a lot of lemon/lime colors - well I wanted to enter it in All sorts Challenge of using lemon and lime colors, but a usual I missed deadline...
Background paper is just some printed paper. I winded some small lime ribbon through yellow lace to match the theme.
Sentiment says "amazing" and is embossed with white embossing powder. At the end I added some sparkling green gems on both sides of sentiment and in top right corner.
For the card I used this SSDS Challenge sketch for witch I also missed deadline:
But hopefully I will enter my card in such challenges:
I Love Promarkers - Include Flowers;
2 Sisters Challenge - Birthdays;
Dream Valley Challenges - Ribbon;
Paper Sundaes - Stitching

1 comment:

  1. so cool! love those papers and your coloring is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)