Saturday, July 2, 2011

Here Comes Emilia!

I'm back from my trip to Germany/Italy and I also have lasted one week in German language lessons in Goethe Institut in Riga, so that is the reason for my absence. Detailed article on my travel adventures will come together with the art/scrapbook journal I' m currently making some time later....
For this post, I wanted to share some of my small dreams for designing my own stamps and papers... And here is a little experiment with stamp I made out of my little daughter Emilia's photo.
I plan to refine it some more, but I think that for the sake of this first attempt I did pretty well :) Stamp is colored with ProMarkers, but I lost the small paper piece where I had all colors written down and I can' t remember all of the colors by my head... I also added some red Martha Stewart glitter on the flowers of dress.
As I wanted to enter this card in CES Challenges Anything but square challenge (missed deadline again), my first thought was to make a circle card and I really wanted to try a round easel card, so I went looking for a tutorial in the web. When I found this lovely card by Bev Rochester - I just knew I have to make one myself! As I don' t have large flower dies, I did all cutting by hand, just made a flower shape before in Illustrator and printed out as a template. I really have no idea what is that patterned paper, but all rest is just white and green card. Some inking was done with Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress inks. I inked the polka dotted ribbon as well, so that it would have the perfect tone for the card as it was little off before.
I like to buy white or plain paper flower, so that I could color them to suit my projects, and this was no exception - I colored them with ProMarkers and added some hand cut leaves. Sentiment says "with love".
For some more sparkle I added red gems, which were sent to me by Simon Says Stamp as gift for my purchase.
I used sketch from The Outlawz Challenges:
And I'm entering this card also in the Passion For ProMarkers Babies challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sweet!! Fab layout! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, love the shape and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)