Thursday, July 7, 2011

Clean And Simple (CAS) - Can I Do It?

I guess that I just wanted to continue with the fairy theme... Actually so it happened that there was this PaperPretties Garden Fairy Katie image laying on my desktop for some time now and I just decided to give it a go! I wanted to make something not very bright or vivid but rather fresh and cute. Well - I hope I did it!
This card turned out to be a tricky one for me as I tried several new techniques I had never tried before.
First, it was hard for me to make something CAS style, as I have constantly tried to teach myself to use as many details and as many layers as possible. CAS style is required in I Love Promarkers challenge this week.
Second, I never have used micro beads, because I never had them, but in the same shop mentioned in previous post, I got some very pretty micro beads and wanted to use them. I applied small amount of Glossy Accents on parts where I wanted my beads and then just as glitter or embossing powder poured them over. They stuck everywhere -and I mean EVERYWHERE! I took some of them off with a very small brush.
And third, I have never before cut apart any of my die cut pieces, but this time I wanted some intricate background shape around my oval image, so I cut my Labels 4 die in half and adhered each part to the sides of oval.
That greenish/bluish material is actually a turquoise vellum and does look very beautiful in real life. And lilac patterned paper is printed paper from my stash, which was punched with Woodware border punch.
I embossed white sentiment which says Dream - so it looks like I have substituted real sentiment which came along with the fairy stamp.
For the fairy itself I used these ProMarkers: Sandstone, Mustard and Primrose for hair, Soft Peach, Ivory and Pale Pink for skin, Vanilla and Saffron for yellow flowers, Lush Green, Mint Green and Soft Green for leaf, Turquoise, Duck Egg and Blender for clothes and Orchid, Lavender, Lilac and Bluebell for wings ans flowers.
I also used B02, B000 and Blender from Copic Sketch markers to color the blue glow behind the girl, because I think that Copic nibs are more appropriate for creating that feathery light look.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liva. Nice use of white space. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)