Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas In July

It seems that most of the challenge blogs have decided to play with the Christmas theme. So I just had to make - an elf :) There are no elfish traditions in my country but they just look so cute!
I made Aleksa pose for me sitting on our living room table and turned her into an elf. I used these ProMarkers to color her: Cardinal, Ruby, Berry, Antique Pink, Soft Peach, Ivory, Pale Pink, Pine, Lush Green, Mint Green, Sandstone, Caramel, Coca, Umber, Burnt Umber, Blender.
I also punched several squares from double sided patterned paper and wrapped with different strips and topped with small bows to make them look like gifts.
Here is the finished card - jet another shaped card I've cut with my SDSilhoette - this time as Sana's sledge. I also cut several parts of it from patterned papers to decorate it. These papers come from Dovecraft paper pads.
On top molding and bottom sleigh I added crackle accents. Some brown Viva liquid pearls were placed along edges and I finished by adding printed sentiment saying Merry Christmas.
This is the inside of my card - also with patterned papers, my own Christmas sentiment stamp and other side of all gifts - this was the reason to use double sided paper for them.
I'm entering this card in following challenges:
2 sister challenge blog - Christmas in July
Stamp something - Punch Something (My gifts)
Paper Sundaes - Christmas July
CES Challenges - Christmas
I Love ProMarker - Christmas In July
Top Tip Tuesday - Shaped Cards

4 comments:

  1. Fab Christmas card...amazing shape!! Thanks for playing at CES Challs!! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card,thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow fab card very cleverthanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab - I can't believe you drew that adorable Elf yourself - Wow!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Shaped Card' Challenge :)

    Carol x


    ...Just incase you don't realize - you have Word Verification turned on :(

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)