Sunday, July 31, 2011

Artist In The Making

I still remember the first time my father showed me his works of hand drawn Disney dwarfs on large A3 pages and colored with color pencils. It felt like my father is the most miraculous person if he can draw something like that and color them in such subtle shades and tones using just pencils. Well I was about 5 back then but the memory of watching and redrawing something and coloring it afterwards, have remained in my memory as something to strive for and almost all my life I have wanted to learn to do it just as good as my dad did just for fun.
Maybe because of this memory I can now look at my Aleksa and understand her better. I felt incredible joy when she came to me with a very nice looking flourish vine drawn with color pencils. At the beginning I could not understand, but it felt like I have seen this kind of image somewhere before. When I asked her, she replied that the image is embroidered on her shoes - and indeed, there it was. I understood that she has now learned the possibilities of watching something and redrawing it.
Some days later, when I was coloring my Lily Of The Valley fairy from printed image pack, all the rest of the images were laying on my table and she took one of them. It was the Teddy Romeo image.
After few minutes she showed me this image:
I might be a very proud mother, but I do think that this drawing is just perfect for a kid 5 years old! And she also added sentiment saying "From Aleksa".
As yesterday was a friendship day, we both were making cards for our friends and here are the cards she made:
She trimmed a 12x12 inch K&Company Valentine paper into three parts and folded them to make card blanks. Then she cut various sentiments from other sheet of 12'' paper and glued them on her card blanks - she did the positioning all by herself. I also let her use my dimensional flower stickers and some stick on gems and pearls. Each card bears a name of the receiver as well.
I'm also going to enter her cards in Allsorts Challenge Blog - Free and Easy challenge - well she does have a history of winning a challenge :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards what a clever daughter you have!!!

    Thanks so much for joining in our free and easy challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck in the draw.....

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great creation, such a clever girl!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)