Thursday, July 7, 2011

Aleksa - The Fairy

I guess we all are once in awhile drawn to fairies or other sort of mythical creatures and so am I. And most moms I know are also wishing their little daughters could be like beautiful fairy princesses - well I am no exception to that either...
Some time age (well one year ago to be specific) I wanted to make some art with pictures from my girls and one of them included Aleksa sitting in a meadow and having wings. So that was where I got my inspiration for creating this image. So far this is my favorite image I've created.... I just loved to color it.
I used these ProMarkers: Soft Peach, Blush, Ivory and Pale Pink for skin, Sandstone, Caramel, Cocoa, Burt Umber and Umber for hair, Antique Pink for lips, Forest Green, Bright Green, Lime Green, Lime Zest and Blender for dress, and Canary, Gold, Pumpkin, Mandarin, Purple and Amethyst for wings.
She sits on a plain white hand cut panels that were inked with various Distress inks.
I wanted to add a yellow ribbon to be able to enter this card Passion For ProMarkers challenge, but just for a little detail, I also colored two pearls with Purple marker and added to the ribbon.
I had never tried to make something overlap my panel with image, but challenge on Simon Says Stamp and Show asked to use flourishes, so I decided to try and incorporate those green die cut Tim Holtz flourishes around my panel, and I can say that I am quite pleased with the result.
Recently there has been a very huge discovery for me (thanks to my friend Gita) of shops called "Catch" which sell goods from bankrupt companies and now they have various paper flowers and other items never sold before in Latvia (including Prima buttons and American Crafts Wanishing ink pen, Xyron machine etc...). So Yesterday ?I bought 6 sets of tiny paper flowers and used them in making this card. I inked some of them to suit better to this card.
The background paper is from K&company 8x8 pad.
I'm also entering  this card in:
Wee Memories - Summertime challenge;
Flutter By Wednesday - Open challenge (except there has to be butterflies, fairies, angels or other things with wings).

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Liva, fabulous colouring.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright vivid colours you've used on this! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazingly vibrant colors that you have on your card! Wonderful job coloring!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!!

    Nancy Bush
    FBW Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liva, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, Liva - lovely bright colours and such a sweet image! Thanks for joining in my Yellow Ribbon challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so pretty!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)