Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Passion For ProMarkers - My Coloring Dreams Come True!

Since I found out that there is such thing as alcohol markers, that can be blended easily and do not leave streaks or wet paper, I was all about using just them. My first choice was Copics, but as they are almost twice as expensive as ProMarkers and they are not available in my country, I switched for ProMarkers and now I'm even selling them in my online store... So I was very pleased to find site that made challenges for ProMarker users.
This weeks challenge was to use "twos" - 2 papers, 2 images, 2 colors etc... Instantly I knew that I wanted to use brown and blue (have no idea why...) so I started to look through my stamps and check which 2 images could be combined and colored using just blues and browns. My check stopped at these sea themed stamps of my own make. I must say that I had never used them before, but you could never say that, seeing in what state are they, after being lent to a children's festival some time ago...
My next task was to find two matching patterned papers. the light blue strip is from K&Company mat pad but brownish blue background is printed as it is very transformed patterned paper downloaded from internet to exactly match my card.
The very bottom brown background paper is also printed as it has some grunged pattern on it.
My images were colored using these markers: Denim Blue, Powder Blue, Burnt Sienna, Caramel, Tan and Blender. Background was inked with Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky Distress inks. I also added some birds with black fineliner pen and some white waves with Sakura Gelly Roll.
Ship was die cut using Small Circle Nestabilities die and mounted on Standard Large Scalloped Circle in which I punched holes with my Crop-A-Dyle Big Bite.
Brown strip was punched with Fiskars Eyelet border punch. And I also added lace and leather strip as my embellishments.
I also used sketch from Whiff Of Joy, even thou I didn't use their image so I could enter into their challenge.
So as before I'm also entering this card into these challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Hi Liva, firstly welcome to our challenge!. Your card is gorgeous. The image and papers are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a Fabulous Card Liva :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liva, I really REALLY love your card, the design, the image, the subtle colouring, all perfect. Thanks so much for entering your card in our Stamp Something challenge at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic male card liva.i love the image and your colouring is superb.
    thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just gorgeous! Wow! i love it! That scene just looks so real! A lovely masculine card! Thanks for joining us in our vintage Paper Sundaes Challenge!

    Lisa PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! I love the colors......soft and soothing and your layout is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an amazing card, love the colours and the gorgeous vintage feel. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes. Have a great evening. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazing. I can't stop looking at it.
    Congratulations.
    Please think on reducing front-page articles. My high-end computer crashes after a few minutes of loading. I can't think of 2-old computers.
    Did you create your own template?
    I'm really thinking on hiring your art for some website. sometimes it's easier to actually photography the cut-up papers than simulating them.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)