Saturday, May 7, 2011

Palette #2

This was the second palette that I made. Unfortunately there was so little time that I managed to make just a scrapbooking layout:
This layout is called Grandparents and it features a photo from my wedding day with mine and my husbands grandparents.
I used black and white cardstock. White cardstock was covered with masks and then sprayed with Rangers Colour Wash Purple Twilight. Masks were die cut with my SDSilhouette of course. And the small ones I also sprayed with Lettuce Colour Wash and used as an embellishments topped off with a fancy Dovecraft brad.
Flourishes were highlighted with Peeled Paint distress ink and a water brush and silver metallic marker.
Title is made with black glittery stickers.

One more thing I wanted to try while working for this palette were Easter eggs a la crafters style. So I used Broken China crackle paint on the firms one in the pic, then Butterscotch Color Wash and Worn Lipstick embossing powder along with a butterfly stamp on the yellowish egg. Next there was this green egg that was sprayed with Lettuce Color Wash on a rubber banded egg. Purple one is just like yellow one - with stamp, colour wash and embossing powder just this time with Purple Twilight and clear powder.
I wanted to check if these paint can penetrate the egg shell and thus absorb in the egg itself but it turned out they can't, so it was safe to eat these eggs.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)