Monday, May 30, 2011

Going vintage - Again!

This time I have reason to go vintage, even if I would do it anyway :) Paper Sundaes this weeks challenge is to make something vintage. you can't possibly imagine how many problems I had while making this card.
Well the beginning actually wasn't that hard - I took some K&Company patterned paper as background, then added this wonderful flower lace and some very old copybook page which I stamped with Viva rose stamp and Vintage Photo Distress ink. Wrapped some raffia around and stitched double border around this paper. I also added sentiment saying that could be translated as "Best of luck", but it is usually a beginning for saying such as Happy Birthday or Happy Name day. So far so good...
First trouble started when I wanted to make this chipboard frame. I painted it pink with some brown edges with Stamperia acrylic paints. Then I wanted to add pinkish glitter to have some sparkle and here's where the trouble started... First I used just some whitishpink Stamperia Brillanti glitter, but it had no effect - all color was showing through and it was not a pleasant view, as the brown color was in some sort of patches not just on the edges. Then I made my own blend - white and pink embossing powder and the same Stamperia glitter in proportions of 2:1:1. Well this did gave me the effect I wanted - no brown color was showing only on edges where it had to be...
And now the most hardest part of all - making of the scrunchy ribbon bow. First I tried it with regular seam binding and it looked just flat or simply ugly...
Then I watched a video tutorial on how to make your seem binding scrunch - just spray with water and scrunch, let it dry and voila - you will have nice scrunched ribbon. I also sprayed some Color Wash Butterscotch on it to make it yellow. After dozens of attempts, I finally got as close as I possibly can to something described in Lilybean's Paperie tutorial. I topped this bow (as it still isn't perfect) with real dried mini rose from our yard flowerbed.
I used sketch from Waltzing Mouse Sketch challenges:
I'm also entering this card in:

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! love that glittery framing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty well worth all the work you put into it love that lace and all your little details thanks or joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! Love the paper and the heart!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love your vintage theme and great job with your ribbon. Thanks for playing along with Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)