Monday, April 18, 2011

Showcasing Big Shot, Die Cutting And Embossing

Next video I made was about die cutting and embossing with embossing folders/plates. This one came out very long - 37 minutes and also full with samples to show you.
First card just shows that it is possible to layer several die cut shapes or use shape on its own in a composition.
This screen card was actually made some time ago, but as the apertures are die cut with Nesties, this was the right place to show the card.
This is the card I like a lot. Background was made by custom embossing plate made with Tim Holtz Flourishes Bigz die and inked with Spiced Marmalade ink. All those flourishes were die cut from craft foil and adds just the right amount of metallic shine to this card. I love the idea of cutting those cage parts to make an illusion of bird breaking free.

This card is also one of my favourites. It is sort off very simple, but I gues the use of chocolate box silver packaging for frame and organza pleated ribbon makes this card so appealing to me. Both stamps are my own make. Sentiment says - Life Is Full With Beauty and that ribbon stamp was part of one of my Christmas sets.
Usually I don't make cards this simple, but this one - with embossed frame form oval Nestabilities die and just partial embossing of the oval focal image makes this card perfect for wedding and fancy birthdays and invitation to elegant parties. This sentiment says Birthday Wishes.
I'm not sure but this card just keeps catching my eye. I wanted to showcase how many different materials can be die cut, including thick felt with Sizzix thicker dies and something as thin as a napkin. This card also showcases the embossed background which is then sanded with sandpaper to reveal the white core of patterned paper.
Various embossing techniques, including embossing of plastic transparent packaging material are my favourite ones. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find real wax paper in Latvia, to make embossing with it, but I keep trying  so that I could make this wonderful technique. For the background of this card I used baking paper coated with candle instead, but that just doesn't work for me.
I don't like this card.... Well I just don't and I even don't know what was I thinking when I made it. But it does showcases how negative die cut shape can be used as well. It is also highlighted with Glossy Accents.
The prettiest thing last... This is a pop-up card made from patterned papers, Tim Holtz Caged Bird die, rose napkins, Spiced Marmalade ink, K&Company 3D butterfly, floss and my sentiment stamp saying Follow Your Heart.
And something I love a lot - this cage decoration. I interconnected two chipboard cage dies and painted them with some acrylic paints. Next I added some real dried roses, die cut leaves and chains. Now I have a wonderful table lamp décor for my crafting spot.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)