Tuesday, February 8, 2011

With Love - WMSC#33

I have to admit that I might have found myself a new card making idol. It's Beatriz Jennings from her iralamija blog. I really adore her style - all those cute vintage details and colours. So when it was time to make another card for WaltzingMouse Challenges (maybe I'll get as lucky as Aleksa did :), I decided to practice a little and try to make something similar to her style. I know it's very far from her, but it is just my first step towards her style.

I used patterned paper from Love Letters again and an image I downloaded from internet - sorry I have lost the address where I got it. Very little inking with Distress ink was done - I think it was Antique Linen. I machine stitched round the image.
That trim is from an old piece of fabric I found in my attic as well with that blue ribbon. That is a double loop bow made with my handmade Bow Easy.
Wing and heart is a grungeboard shapes. Wings are covered with white Doodlebug flock, but heart was inked with Walnut stain and then painted with White pearlescent Stamperia acrylic paint.
I stamped the sentiment there because I had completely different arrangement on my card, but later changed my mind... well things happen...

This is the sketch I used, but I mirrored it and added that lacy trim:

3 comments:

  1. very pretty card! I love receiving them (not making them he he!!!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Such a beautiful shabby chic card! Thanks for playing with us at the WMS Sketch Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Liva! Love the vintage image and wing embellishments! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)