Thursday, February 17, 2011

Simply Love - TCR#45

Oh this was one really tough week and it's not even over jet... Both my daughters are sick with some kind a weird virus when all you do is either vomit, have diarrhea or high temperature. I had to change their clothes 10 times a day, also change all bed linens and sweep floors... real nightmare, but they are better now (at least vomiting and diarrhea has stopped). And I'm  going to Germany this Saturday so I have to pack and prepare...
I really thought that I won't make it for this week's The Color Room palette, but somehow I did it along with trying some new and exciting techniques.
I used some violetish paper I was given by my dear friend Iveta Lauka once again (by the way I have to say her a really, really huge thank you, because she brought me an enormous amount of all kinds of papers they were using in a kindergarten, but as the kindergarten was shut down they had no place to use or put them).
White paper is actually a crumpled wax paper and matting under the middle photo is white card painted with the same acrylic paint I used for my title and roses.

First new technique to try was the embossing paste - it appeared in Latvia just few weeks ago. I don't think I had it right, but I actually like the outcome for this layout. I got inspired by some previous week's layouts where Dusty Attic's flourish shapes were used, so I traced them and cut out with my bellowed SDSilhouette to make stencils for the embossing paste. Of course I also cut my title - word Simply is stencilled but word love was cut out several times and layered for more dimension. I used acrylic paint on both of words and also on both is the Glossy Accents.
And then there is this cheesecloth roses trim I made using just cheesecloth, Stamperia TexArt medium and acrylic paint. If you would like to know how I did this, please drop me a note or comment here, and I will make a video tutorial as I am going to make one in Latvian language as well.
I had real fun making these roses and I actually made several differently coloured rose strips that I will use on some other projects.
I also used some stamps I have created - I Love You stamp with Scriptina font and a love definition stamp, both stamped with Distress Dusty Concord ink.
And as always here's the colour palette:

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)