Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Fine Day - TCR#43

It's time for my weekly The Color Room Colour Palette Challenge and I decided to try something different from my usual vintage or grunge/modern style. For a long time now I have wanted to own some colour mists (like Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists or Shimmerz Spritzs) but I still don't have any. I really like watching how people create backgrounds with them and other cool effects. Hopefully next month I will be able to get my hands on some of them.
What I saw today in Latvian Stamperia distributors office, was empty small misting bottles so I bought two of them, went home and filled with water and some acrylic paints - this is what I came up with. Background was made using simple strip of punched card as a mask. Same punch (Martha Stewart Daisy Fan Deep Edge punch) was used to make daisy ribbon which also was misted, but with purple mist.
Flowers were also little painted with acrylics and scrunched to give them some dimension. These are Woodware paper flowers in assorted colours. For my chipboard colour I punched Woodware floral element punches as leaves under the flowers. Chipboard colour is also under Crafty Secrets Birdie Bird Cage stamp and calendar stamp, both stamped with Tim Holtz Distress Broken China ink. Calendar circle is mounted on the same daisy shape, just in slightly yellowish colour.
For some touch of fun I also added assorted colour buttons (one of them was actually coloured with a Copic marker). The purple button was tied with a dental floss also coloured with Copic marker - nice trick I learned from Gina K Stamp TV video.
As always - the palette:

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Liva you are a busy person and doing so much to forward crafts in Latvia.....love your blog and some great ideas there - particularly like your cones for your daughter's birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)