Friday, February 18, 2011

Cards For Motorhearted Men

As this Sunday my hubby turns 29 and I'm going to visit him in Germany, I just had to give him a proper birthday card. As Janis is all about motors and cars (well in this case a motorcycle) I had to make a very manly and motoristic card. Lucky me I found these great DarkRoom Photo stamps - Motorcycle and Old Truck.
Well in such a short notice I actually had no time to purchase these stamps so I printed the images with a laser printer on a 160gsm plain white card.
At the beginning I did some accurate colouring with watercolour pencils, but then I went over with different Distress inks and small Tsukineko sponge dauber.
Edges of image are distressed with my handmade paper distresser - you may find how I did this here.
Some slight highlighting was done with my Gelly Roll pens and some parts were accented with Glossy Accents.
Printed sentiment says: Who's not 30 jet - the one can! And it is attached with a nail head style brad from Ryher.
I also added some Ryher metallic numerals saying 29 and whole image is mounted on a blue card embossed with Tim Holtz Bricked Texture Fade and slightly inked with Stormy Sky Distress ink. It took me some thinking and aligning to make bricks go horizontally on this landscape card.
So it happens that in the same day as Janis has his birthday one of his colleagues is having his 50th birthday. So in this case I wanted to make a card with motor theme but also it should look decent enough for such important birthday. I hope I did it by adding some brown satin ribbon and sentiments saying: 50 - Well preserved die cut with circle Nestie and matted with scalloped circle Nestie die cut from a brown card.
The image itself was coloured the same way as previous one but I didn't do any highlighting or accenting.
In the end I added three liquid pearls from Viva.

1 comment:

  1. your cards are fabulous!!! have a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)