Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Baby Of A Fern - TCR#44

At the beginning I thought that it will be so hard to make layout using this palette, but then when I started it felt like inspiration was overflowing me. I really wanted to try this middle tier that reveals the patterned paper underneath and I think it made out pretty well..
This is Emilia on the eve of Midsummers festival at our yard. I named the layout The Baby Of A Fern because we have this legend that young couples have to go looking for a bloom of a fern in the midsummers night (and to be honest they say that statistics shows that most babies are born 9 months after midsummers night :) Well Emilia is not exactly a Midsummers night baby, but it somehow felt about her, even thou she is wearing a wreath out of oak leaves.
The patterned paper is once again K&Company, but all the other elements were die cut with my SDSilhouette - flourishes, oak leaves and fern and title stencils. I used just my Distress inks to colour them and ink edges - also for the matting of the photograph.
I especially like how those fern stencilled images turned out - just a subtle accent of the theme.
Finally I remembered in time to make a secret journalling under the photo, because usually I don't want it to be seen, but remember to add it when all my items are carefully glued down :)
And here is the lovely whitewashed palette of greens from The Colour Room:

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)