Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Treat Cones For Aleksa's Kindergarten Friends On Her 5th Birthday

As always I wanted something special on my girl's big day in kindergarten. On her previous name day (we celebrate our name day here in Latvia - each day in calendar is marked with special names) I made hazelnut muffins and topped with a round Thumble Bear stamp from PaperCrafts Inspirations magazine and on the other side there was words saying - from Aleksa. Toppers were added with small wooden toothpicks.
This year I wanted cones, so I went for my internet walk to see what other people been making and I got my idea from two different sites:
http://punkiepies.blogspot.com/2010/12/paper-covered-clothes-pin-tutorial.html - this is the site for the look of my cones and http://creativehostess.co.uk/2009/10/01/how-to-paper-treat-cones/ has the information on how to place cones for transportation and display.
My cones (or rather - Aleksa's cones) were made using Dovecraft Piece Of Cake 8x8 patterned papers. I cut papers directly in half and then, using divider with radius 4'' I drew a half circle. I used this one sheet as a template for all my other sheets and cut out these half circles. Then I ran roller tape on one straight side of the circle and made a cone - all 23 cones were made super fast - about 10 minutes, as I cut paper in half with a paper trimmer and circles were cut with scissors, but I did that for several paper at the same time, so it was really quickly.
Then, though you can't seem to be able to see it in pictures, I glued wooden clothes pins with pink polka-dotted paper. Circle toppers were printed on a glossy photo printer using ink jet printer. I made this design using one digital image of Magnolia cake and circle text saying - From Aleksa On My 5th Birthday.
Later images were die cut with circle Nestabilities die and coloured with some Copics - but just a little bit as it would take much too long to do a thorough colouring for so much images.

0 komentāri:

Post a Comment

I am always so thrilled about your comments - no matter how good or bad they are :)